WhatsApp is the world’s most popular messenger that lets you sent text messages, audios, videos and photos to anyone and anywhere around the world. It is one of the most popular instant messaging apps of today and allows you to connect with various users from all over the world. But, there is one drawback in this app. It automatically downloads and saves the photos, videos etc. by default. When this happens you can fear losing your privacy as all the downloaded stuff goes to the gallery which is easily accessible by anyone. This automatic download also clutters the phone and takes up a lot of space which could have been used in other ways. The auto downloading feature is quite easy to disable and due to it, a lot of internet data gets used up forcing you to recharge with internet packs more often. Here, are a few steps to stop auto downloading and saving of photos, videos etc on Android phone:
How to stop WhatsApp saving images, video and media automatically on Android
- Open WhatsApp on your android phone first.
- Once you open the WhatsApp page click on the three vertical dots on the top right hand corner of the screen on that page. This will help you to choose Settings.
- Once you are at the Settings, tap on the Chats and calls under it.
- Under the Chats and calls, click on the Media auto-download.
- Now you will see there are three options in the Media auto download. There is:
- Mobile Data,
- when roaming.
- Each menu has three options each for audio, video and images. By default these three options are turned on all devices. Now what you have to do is to select each menu and turn them off them by tapping on each option and then clicking OK. By doing this, the auto downloading and saving of images, videos and audio are stopped in your android mobile phone.
Also Check: How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages in 2 mins! Android and iPhone Solutions
So, now there is no more need to worry, and you will not have images, videos and audio automatically downloading in your phone. Once you turn off the option none of these will be downloading automatically unless you want them to be downloaded. Thus, the next time one of your friend complaints about too less memory on their phone, give them this solution and see how beneficial it is.
Too much of images, videos and audio not only clutter the phone but they slow it down too. So, it is safer to have the auto download of these media files turned off so that you have enough space on your phone and it runs fast. You can now download just the files you need to and the rest will not get downloaded. Try out these simple steps even if you not very tech savvy and see how easy it is to stop WhatsApp from saving images, videos and audio automatically on your android phone. It is the easiest way to keep your phone light and help it to run fast. It is a must for all Android users.